Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Werner ! (Registered 2024-05-30) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong
2023-10-08 20:11
mankeli

Release id #236084 : Yes, you are all wrong

But is it the "cultural marxism" what this prod refers to?

My understanding is that it's a actually an American conspiracy theory. From Wikipedia:
Quote:

The term "Cultural Marxism" refers to a far-right antisemitic conspiracy theory which misrepresents the Frankfurt School as being responsible for modern progressive movements, identity politics, and political correctness.

The conspiracy theory posits that there is an ongoing and intentional academic and intellectual effort to subvert Western society via a planned culture war that undermines the Christian values of traditionalist conservatism and seeks to replace them with culturally liberal values.

Source

... 67 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2023-10-09 11:23
Mibri

Not sure that Barthes is especially relevant here.

mankeli's last post should probably be the last word on all of this.
2023-10-09 13:20
CreaMD

Mankeli was (I think) commenting / adding his thoughts on top of my point about moral panic. I didn't notice any objection against free will to interpret the art, nor disagreeing with me in any point.
2023-10-09 13:52
4gentE

@CreaMD : I think what Mibri wanted to say when he said "Not sure that Barthes is especially relevant here", and I'm only guessing here, is that "The Death of the Author" is about not evaluating an art piece on the merit of the author's biography (past life) or persona. And that would work if jetan churned out a cartoon about a family of llamas or something. In other words - the politics of the author don't matter for evaluating his (non-political) art. But the art in question is itself political, the words "C-19, BLM, Ukrainian flag, and CO2" were explicitly inserted in the artpiece itself. They were not extracted from the artist's past rants. It would be, for example, like evaluating a Nazi propaganda poster's caricature of a Jew on its own merit, disregarding the "Juden raus" written on top. Or evaluating the portrait of Che on merit of his haircut, disregarding the five pointed star on his beret. So that's why Mibri wrote what he wrote. I think. Or at least this is my (free) interpretation.
2023-10-09 15:29
CreaMD

Quote: @CreaMD : I think what Mibri wanted to say when he said "Not sure that Barthes is especially relevant here", and I'm only guessing here, is that "The Death of the Author" is about not evaluating an art piece on the merit of the author's biography (past life) or persona. And that would work if jetan churned out a cartoon about a family of llamas or something. In other words - the politics of the author don't matter for evaluating his (non-political) art. But the art in question is itself political, the words "C-19, BLM, Ukrainian flag, and CO2" were explicitly inserted in the artpiece itself. They were not extracted from the artist's past rants. It would be, for example, like evaluating a Nazi propaganda poster's caricature of a Jew on its own merit, disregarding the "Juden raus" written on top. Or evaluating the portrait of Che on merit of his haircut, disregarding the five pointed star on his beret. So that's why Mibri wrote what he wrote. I think. Or at least this is my (free) interpretation.

I understand your point of view. I don't strictly say you can totally ignore the ideology behind Jetan's piece, but I choose not to be ofended and even try to figure it's meaning on my own, for my own amusement.
This way I can actually enjoy it much more than being offended by "what author really meant."

The aesthetic, symbolism, and messaging of Nazi propaganda posters, were meticulously crafted to evoke particular emotions and responses from the viewer. And while you are free to consider Jetan's art to be and attempt on propaganda, to me it seems more like attempt to vent his own emotions and fallacies.
2023-10-09 16:06
4gentE

Quote:
And while you are free to consider Jetan's art to be and attempt on propaganda

Nah, I see him as a victim. Now, he does become useful for further dissemination of propaganda he’s being fed, but a victim nonetheless.

Anyway, I talk too much, all I wanted to say is that I see how Barthes is irrelevant for this case. Because of explicit words used on the art itself.
2023-10-09 17:19
Isildur

@4gente Now I see... in your "case" you know EVEN better, you are smarter than Jetan, you are more intelligent, more tolerant (ah, sorry - not this).
2023-10-09 18:03
4gentE

Quote:
after a few words of commentary I can figure out who is normal and who is indoctrinated. I never sympathize with the indoctrinated - I sympathize with their parents for not stepping up.

This is the very first thing jetan wrote directly to me, so please spare me the hypocrisy.
As you can see, he is the smart one who sees beyond my indoctrination.
It’s hilarious how the fiery proponents of abolition of “political correctness” are the ones to call “political correctness” for help. This is what you’re essentialy accusing me of, right? Of being politically incorrect?
It’s the old, tested ‘tolerate my intolerance’ trope.
2023-10-09 18:56
F7sus4

Quoting 4gentE
Nah, I see him as a victim. Now, he does become useful for further dissemination of propaganda he’s being fed, but a victim nonetheless.

The line between being a victim of indoctrination and becoming a culprit because of following doctrines is usually extremely thin.
2023-10-09 22:25
iAN CooG

uh oh, from c64.ch
"jetan left Samar Productions"
infact he set his own membership to ex.
2023-10-09 22:43
TheRyk

Quote: Quote:
Wait, this production is NOT meant as tongue-in-cheek satire and to be taken at face value? :-O

Oh yes. The author is dead serious about it all.

If ONLY it WAS by someone ELSE,
THEN I'd totally LMAO and <3 it
and even take the "partners" stuff for satire.

As it is, I DO appreciate and respect THAT people disliking rainbows delivered. And the upper 90% of the picture are alright FOR ME anyway, no matter who did it and with what message, though hammer and sickle can provoke some people as much or even more than swastikas - depending on their perspective/background.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
Sixx
Mason/Unicess
Airwolf/F4CG
jmin
Guests online: 103